The Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy (BIRA-IASB) places great importance on the quality of its service and on improving its functioning. If you are not satisfied with the quality of our service, you can file a complaint.
How to file a complaint
A complaint can only be filed by using one of the following complaint forms.
- Online: complaint form
- E-mail: download the electronical complaint form (.pdf) and send it to klachten-plaintes-ae
- Paper: fill out the paper version of the complaint form (.pdf), also available at the reception desk of BIRA-IASB in Uccle,
and submit it at the reception desk or by letter to the complaints coordinator
Royal Belgian Institute for Space Aeronomy (BIRA-IASB)
To the attention of Michael Middernacht
Avenue Circulaire 3
In order for us to be able to properly respond to the complaint, please always provide your full name and e-mail address (if sent by e-mail) or your physical address (if sent by letter). Your complaint will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Admissibility of a complaint
A complaint needs to be filed within 30 days after the facts occurred or it will not be processed.
Complaints which are related to the following will not be processed:
- Inconvenience caused by other visitors including, but not limited to noise, inappropriate behavior, theft and assault;
- Inconvenience caused by maintenance works including, but not limited to a renovation.
- Complaints relating to facts that according to the law or on the basis of a contract can only be the subject of legal or arbitration proceedings.
How will the complaint be handled?
You will receive notification of receipt if your complaint is admissible. Your complaint will be forwarded to the relevant departments and individuals that will process your complaint. Within 30 calendar days, you will receive a motivated answer by mail or by letter.
Still no solution?
If our complaints department was unable to help you or if you feel that you did not get the help you expected to receive you are welcome to contact the Federal Ombudsman. The Federal Ombudsman is completely independent, does not form part of any federal administration and will examine your complaint free of charge and impartially.
Leuvenseweg 48 letterbox 6
0800 99 962 (free phone nummer)